These sessions are for our members only.
Please also note this can be booked as a 1-2-1 session by members at a mutually agreeable time
BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THESE SESSIONS… MEMBERS MUST BOOK A SESSION WITH A COACH (WEDNESDAYS, 6.15 AM,1PM, 5.30 PM ,6.30PM or ON SUNDAY) TO TEST FOR THEIR BASELINE NUMBERS( baseline tests can only be done once in 4 mth period)
They must also have ” Powerlifting Platform card endorsed by a coach to prove that they understand the safety/spotting requirements of powerlifting.
As a sport, Powerlifting is defined by the squat, bench press, and deadlift. We provide specialty classes to help athletes master the movements in Powerlifting.
The abilities of an athlete are determined not only by their mastery of those lifts, but also by how much weight they can perform that lift with- and most importantly, their “total;” the sum of the heaviest weights moved with the squat, bench press, and deadlift. In powerlifting what matters most is the weight lifted.
Come to Powerlifting to:
- Learn the technical aspects of the foundational lifts of CrossFit.
- Develop your maximal strength.
- Receive direct and personal feedback from the Coach.
What you should expect:
- One or two lifts only. With only a couple of “heavy” sets.
- More discussion of the lifts and their technical characteristics.
- Coaching on the mental approach to lifting heavier weights.
- Athlete to athlete analysis of technique errors and how to spot them.
- You will work only with a barbell, a squat rack, and sometimes a bench. We teach a very minimalist approach.